image from musingsfromoz.typepad.com
- variety of seeds
- milk cartons or egg cartons
- potting soil
- water can or cups
- This activity can be done in or outdoors. If done inside, use plenty of newspaper underneath.
- Discuss different types of seeds. See if children can guess what grows from each kind.
- Let children choose which kind of seed they would like to plant.
- Put small holes in the bottom of the cartons.
- Children should label their carton.
- Fill the cartons with potting soil and then plant the seeds.
- Water and place in a sunny spot.
- Observe the seeds over the summer and discuss any changes that may occur.
- Don’t forget to water periodically!
Check out the full May calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.