image from dashboardcitizen.com
- children’s books on the moon, find suggestions at astrosociety.org
- paper and writing material or computer
- props as chosen by kids
- Ask kids what they would take on a trip to the moon.
- How long do they think it will take to get to the moon?
- What supplies would they need?
- What do they need most?
- What won’t work on the moon?
- What will the kids do when they get to the moon?
- What do they think they’ll find on the moon?
- What materials do you have in your program which could be used for a prop box?
Check out the full July calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.