image from elkspringresort.com
Consider these ingredients in allowing kids to make their own trail mix.
- Peanuts *
- Other nuts *
- Cheerios or other similar cereals
- Chex mix
- Puffed rice cereal
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried fruit
- Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Cheese bits
- Goldfish crackers
- Small paper cups
- * Be aware of children’s allergies. It may be necessary to omit nuts from the list.
- Children can mix ingredients of their choosing to make individual trail mixes.
- For the best possible mix, kids should put a spoonful of each desired ingredient in their cups at a time.
- If you plan to be in the heat, omit items like chocolate chips, marshmallows, and butterscotch chips.
Source(s): 100 Cooking Activities for Kids
Check out the full August calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.