image from theguardian.com
- blocks of scrap wood
- lots of buttons
- plaster of Paris
- Children should draw a rough draft on paper of how they want their mosaic to look since the plaster of Paris dries quickly.
- Prepare the plaster of Paris according to directions on the box.
- Cover a wood scrap with plaster.
- Make rough textures, curves, and bends in the plaster.
- Place buttons where desired.
- Let stand a few minutes.
Check out the full October calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.