image from twin-tables.com
- Semi-sweet chocolate, 8 ounces
- Light corn syrup, ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon
- Plastic bag
- Vegetable spray or oil
- Airtight container
- Melt chocolate (can be done in microwave).
- Stir chocolate with spoon until smooth.
- Stir in corn syrup.
- The chocolate will stiffen almost immediately, but keep stirring.
- Transfer to a sturdy plastic bag and refrigerate until firm.
- Once firm, dough can be worked by kneading. If too hard, cut off small pieces and knead.
- You can lightly spray working surface with vegetable spray or oil to prevent sticking.
- Store unused portion in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Check out the full May calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.