image from kidzcoolit.com
- props as deemed necessary
- This is a great activity for teaching kids how to whittle a story down to its basics.
- Choose a familiar fairy tale or other story that all the kids will know. If necessary, read the story to them first.
- Then ask for volunteers to act out the story. The catch is that they only have one minute.
- Then ask those same kids to act it out in 30 seconds.
- Then cut the time down to 10 seconds.
- Encourage kids to discuss what happens and what they learn about the story.
Source(s): 100 Drama Activities for Kids (activity I7)
Check out the full February calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.