image from portersonline.com
- Large pot
- Clean medium-sized milk carton
- Masking tape
- Tear newspaper into shreds and place in pot. Fill with water and boil for 30 minutes until paper turns to pulp.
- Cool the pulp and squeeze out the water. Add 2 cups of flour and mix well.
- Seal the top of the carton with masking tape and cut a hole larger than desired for finished product.
- Cover whole carton (make sure pulp is on inside of hole as well) with paper mache pulp and leave to dry in sun.
- When dry, add second layer and any desired decorations. Whole process may take a couple days.
- Paint and add a coat of varnish for protection from the elements if desired.
Check out the full February calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.