image from nj.com
- Trash bags
- Children should work in small groups or pairs, each group with a trash bag.
- Warn children not to pick up broken glass.
- Have kids collect trash outdoors.
- Have children divide trash into categories (paper, aluminum, plastic, etc.).
- Which category has the most trash? Why do the kids think that is?
- What could be done to cut down on trash?
- What can be done in general to keep the environment clean?
Source(s): 100 Nature Activities for Kids
Check out the full May calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.