image from nestinggypsy.com
- Tape measure
- Use the tape measure to measure off exactly 25 feet from the tree you wish to measure.
- With the zero end of the yardstick downward, hold the yardstick exactly 25 inches from your eye.
- Line up the bottom of the yardstick with the base of the tree.
- Note which inch line marks the top of the tree. Each inch equals one foot of the tree’s height.
- If the tree is taller than the yardstick, stand 50 feet away from tree. Follow steps 2-4 again, but this time double the final number. If still taller, than back away 75 feet, follow steps 2-4, and triple the number. For 100 feet, 4x the number, etc.
Check out the full May calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.