image from organicfacts.net
- Oranges (two per 8-ounce serving)
- Strainers (to lessen the amount of pulp)
- Paring knives
- Drinking glasses
- Squeeze oranges repeatedly to soften them.
- Wash thoroughly.
- Cut into halves and remove seeds.
- Carefully cut circularly around the edge of an orange half, slightly separating the fruit and peel.
- Grip the orange half tightly and squeeze into the pitcher.
- Continue squeezing and periodically rotate the orange until liquid is no longer produced.
- Scrape the orange with a spoon and add fruit directly to the juice for additional pulp.
- Put the juice through a strainer for less pulp.
- Repeat with the other orange halves.
Check out the full May calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.