image from uwyoming.org
In celebration of Windmill Day, why not make your own windmill, er, pinwheel?
- straight pins
- pencils with erasers (one per child)
- Cut paper into 4” x 4” squares.
- Fold a square diagonally twice, creating an X on the paper.
- Mark the center of the square with a pencil.
- Cut along the folds of the paper to within 1/2” of the center.
- Fold every other point to the center of the paper.
- Use a straight pin to poke through the four folded corners, the center of the paper, and finally into the pencil eraser.
- The pinwheel should now spin when you blow on it.
Check out the full May calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.