image from lz95.net
Kids can create their own fish bowls in honor of “Go Fishing Day.”
- baby food jar
- blue paint
- markers, crayons, or colored pencils
- something to poke holes
- fishing line
- Paint half of the jar blue so that if you were looking at the front of the jar all you would see is the blue from the other side.
- Cut out a fish shape and decorate as desired.
- Poke a hole in the top of the lid and through the back of the top of the fish.
- Put a piece of fishing line through the hole and back up to the lid. Make sure it isn’t touching the bottom of the jar.
- Tape the line to the top of the lid and your fish bowl is complete.
Source(s): 100 Construction Activities for Kids (activity H4).
Check out the full June calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.