image from PeoplesIntegrativeMedicine.com
What activities can you do with the kids to promote relaxation? Consider:
- None necessary unless for the signal
- Decide on a signal (a bell, chime, hand clap, finger snap, gesture, turning off lights, etc.).
- When signal is given, children freeze where they are.
- Children are instructed to take a couple deep breaths and notice what they are feeling.
- Also notice what your body is doing. Are parts of your body clenched or tight? Relax them.
- Give children the signal again to bring the group back.
- Discuss what children felt.
Check out the full August calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.