image from marquettesocialscene.com
- Turn on the radio to a song and write down the first phrase you hear.
- Now change the station. Again, write down the first phrase from a song that you hear.
- Continue the process until you have half a dozen phrases or so.
- Read the phrases together to create a new song.
- Kids can mix and match the phrases and even try to sing it.
Source(s): Adapted from HowStuffWorks.com; featured in 100 Music Activities for Kids (activity D2)
Check out the full August calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.