image from icfw.org
- Unlimited supply of recycled items
- Variety of materials for attaching items (string, staples, glue, tape, etc.)
- The materials listed above are only a starting point. The adults and kids can be creative in coming up with plenty more materials to inspire inventions.
- Allow kids to work alone or in groups.
- Encourage children to look over materials and develop an idea first of what they wish to create. They can even draw out a diagram of what they want their finished product to look like.
- Once designed, then kids can start building.
- When products are complete, display the kids’ work by putting on an Invention Convention. Think of this as similar to a science fair.
Source(s): 100 Nature Activities for Kids card set.
Check out the full August calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.