image from SisterEarthOrganics.com
Since today is Lazy Day, I figured why bother posting an activity? Well, okay, I didn’t go that far, but let’s consider what would happen if people didn’t do what was expected of them.
- Card stock or thick paper
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils
- Other materials for card decorating
- Ask the kids about all the different jobs that happen around them, specifically in your setting (school, child care center, etc.)
- Consider who it takes to keep your program itself operating – teachers, directors, principals, secretaries, support staff, etc.
- Consider the people it takes to keep your facility or building operating – custodians, cooks, building maintenance, lawn maintenance, electricians, plumbers, etc.
- Ask the kids to make lists of some of the specific jobs these people do. What would happen if they chose not to do their jobs one day? What if the custodian didn’t empty the trash or the cooks didn’t make lunch?
- Make cards for the different people who keep your program or facility going. Thank them for some of the specific jobs they do.
Check out the full August calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.