image from weirdasianews.com
Orville Wright was born today in 1871. He and his brother Wilbur invented the airplane, successfully launching the first flying machine on December 17, 1903. Here’s an airplane game you can play with kids.
- Pattern book for making paper airplanes
- Chalk for drawing circles
- Make 2 or 3 circles with the chalk in an outdoor play area.
- An airplane thrower stands in each circle.
- Throwers may not leave circles.
- One child is the airplane receiver. She will return airplanes to the throwers.
- Other children move around in a designated play area.
- Airplane thrower tries to throw paper airplanes at children to “tag” them.
- If the airplane thrower hits someone, then that person takes the thrower’s place in the circle. The thrower can then become the new receiver.
Source(s): 100 Game Activities for Kids
Check out the full August calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.