image from whatscookingamerica.net
Well, what else do you do for Toasted Marshmallow Day?
- Graham crackers
- Large marshmallows
- Chocolate bars
- Sandwich cookies
- Mint cookies
- Miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- The most common s’more is the classic combination of a marshmallow roasted over a campfire and then sandwiched between two graham crackers and a slice of chocolate. However, consider these alternatives as well:
- Instead of graham crackers and a chocolate bar, put marshmallow between two sides of a sandwich cookie.
- For another interesting flavor, try putting the marshmallow on a mint cookie.
- Make mini-s’mores with miniature marshmallows, chocolate chips, and broken pieces of graham cracker. Wrap everything in foil and set on campfire coals - but not long!
- Finally, brainstorm how you can make s’mores indoors. Can you make them in a microwave or on the stove? Can you make them with candles?
Source(s): 100 Cooking Activities for Kids
Check out the full August calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.