image from cookingclassy.com
The second week of October is Chili Week. Kids can try this simple recipe for chili cheese dip:
- Cream cheese, 8 ounces
- Square glass pan
- No-bean chili, 1 can
- Shredded taco cheese, 8 ounces
- Tortilla chips
- Spread cream cheese on bottom of pan.
- Empty can of chili on top.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over chili.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Turn and microwave 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Check out the full October calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.