image from merelymarie.com
- tri-fold boards
- construction paper
- materials needed by individual children
- Consider having a “Hobby Fair” similar to Science Fairs where children have boards to showcase their hobbies instead of science projects.
- Let each child choose a hobby he/she wishes to showcase.
- If budget, time, and space allow, let children use the large tri-fold boards used in science fairs. If that isn’t feasible, let children make posters.
- Have a “Hobby Night” where families can be invited to see what the children chose to showcase.
- You could also make a small-scale version of this by putting up a bulletin board with photos of children involved in their hobbies.
Check out the full February calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.