image from galleryhip.com
- phonograph player and 78s
- record player and records
- reel-to-reel player and reel-to-reel
- eight-track player and eight tracks
- cassette player and cassettes
- CD player and CDs
- mobile phone with Spotify, YouTube
- The above materials are merely suggestions. You aren’t likely to be able to access all of these!
- Put out requests to your families to see if you can borrow players which you don’t already have.
- If you can’t get the actual technology, find photos of each on the Internet and print them out.
- Let kids experiment with the various methods of playing music which have existed over the years.
- When they don’t have access to the actual players, discuss the photos and how the devices must have worked.
Check out the full February calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.