image from pinterest.com
- Playing field must be divided into two equal halves.
- Players group in two equal teams, one on each side of center line.
- One side is the crabs team and the other the crawdads.
- Caller yells out either “crabs” or “crawdads.”
- If caller yells “crabs” then the crabs must run from center line back to their base without being tagged by the crawdads. If caller yells “crawdads” then the crabs chase the crawdads.
- Any player tagged joins the other side.
- Game ends when all players are on one side.
- Caller should stretch out word as much as possible and occasionally bluff by yelling other words starting with ‘cr’ (crackers, crumb, etc.)
- This game can be done along with ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’. Team decides on one of the three and then everyone regroups at center line. At count of three, everyone offers up the appropriate sign for their team and winning side chases other side.
- Create 3 or 4 teams.
Source(s): 100 Game Activities for Kids (activity A5)
Check out the full February calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.