image from police.ucdavis.edu
- uniforms, suits or ties
- note pads
- magnifying glass
- hand-held tape recorder
- ink pad for finger prints
- file folders
- cases to solve
- Prop boxes are items grouped together by a theme to allow children to pretend. They can be used as specific activities or put out during free time.
- The materials listed above are merely suggestions. You may come up with additional ideas and leave some of these materials out.
- The boxes that hold 10 reams of computer paper/typing paper are a nice size for prop boxes. They can be covered with nice contact paper to make them more attractive.
- You might also consider a creative way of putting all the prop box materials into something that fits the theme. For example, a camping prop box might go in a backpack; a travel prop box could go in a suitcase.
Source(s): 100 Drama Activities for Kids (activity A5)
Check out the full February calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.