image from calendarholidays.xyz
Celebrate this big day with some camping activities!
Bring in various props to allow the kids to pretend they are camping. Consider:
- Sleeping bags
- A homemade campfire (with paper towel tubes as logs and tissue paper for flames)
- A backpack packed with camping necessities
- Mapping and orienteering with maps and compasses
- Tape recording nature sounds
- Fishing with magnets on sticks to pick up “fish” made out of paper and paper clips
- Making first aid kits
Source(s): 100 Nature Activities for Kids
Check out the full February calendar. It includes floating holidays, specialty weeks, and specialty months.