image from positivepsychologynews.com
In honor of Thank You Day, get the kids to consider all the people for whom they should be thankful!
- Construction paper
- Writing materials (pens, pencils, crayons, etc.)
- Decorative material (lace, glitter, ribbon, etc.)
- Brainstorm with the kids all the people for whom they should be thankful.
- Encourage them to consider family, friends, people in the community, etc.
- Let kids make cards for people.
- If you are in a facility such as a school or child care center, consider making a “thank you” bulletin board. Kids can take pictures of the people in the facility and post the pictures on the board along with thank yous.
Check out the full September calendar to see the month at a glance as well as floating holidays, specialty weeks, and themes for the month.