image from dogsonline.com
In honor of Dog Week, consider this tag game which kids in a school-age care program made up:
- a ball (optional)
- The dog starts in the middle of the room or playing area.
- The cats start on either side of the play area.
- The dog yells a color (or other means of describing at least two players) and those people must run to the other side of the play area.
- Anyone tagged sits down right there and, with legs crossed and bottom on the floor, may reach out to tag others throughout the game.
- The last cat becomes the new dog.
Check out the full September calendar to see the month at a glance as well as floating holidays, specialty weeks, and themes for the month.