image from thehistorybluff.com
- Bread (buns, rolls, wheat, white)
- Meat (salami, bologna, pepperoni, chicken)
- Cheese (Swiss, Colby-Jack, American)
- Vegetables (tomato, onion, pickles, mushrooms)
- Condiments (mayonnaise, mustard, salad dressings)
- Encourage kids to add their own ideas to the mix.
- Allow them to be silly!
- Consider hosting an event where kids make sandwiches for family members.
Check out the full September calendar to see the month at a glance as well as floating holidays, specialty weeks, and themes for the month.