image from ucf4fl-explorers-settlerssp10t.wikispaces.com
- large balloons
- paper plates
- paint brushes
- decorative material (felt scraps, colored cotton balls, feathers, beads, etc.)
- Blow up a large balloon to be the same size as your head. Tie the balloon.
- Mix flour and water in a bowl until it has a soupy texture.
- Tear newspaper into strips.
- Dip strips into flour/water mixture and mold around just the top of the balloon so as to form a cap.
- Apply several layers.
- Let cap dry for at least a day and then pop the balloon.
- Decorate cap as you wish - you can use a paper plate to form a bill for the cap (like a baseball cap).
Check out the full September calendar to see the month at a glance as well as floating holidays, specialty weeks, and themes for the month.