image from historiccamera.com
In honor of Kodak patenting the roll film camera on this date in 1888, you can show kids how to make their own camera.
- round oatmeal containers
- tissue paper
- aluminum foil
- cellophane tape
- straight pins
- Cut a 3” square out of the bottom of the oatmeal container.
- Cover the hole with tissue paper.
- Cut another hole about the size of a postage stamp in the top of the box.
- Cover the hole with foil.
- In the middle of the foil, make a small hole with a pin.
- Cut out a black shape or picture and tape to front of flashlight.
- Hold oatmeal container about 2’ away from flashlight.
- Point foil toward flashlight.
- You should see the picture reflected on the tissue paper.
Check out the full September calendar to see the month at a glance as well as floating holidays, specialty weeks, and themes for the month.