image from queenscamp.com
- paper plates
- material to decorate hats (feathers, yarn, buttons, etc.)
- hole punch
- Kids can use paper plates and thick cardboard to create whatever kinds of hats they wish. Encourage them to be creative and silly.
- Kids can also decorate their hats with lots of material.
- You may wish to provide paint for the kids as well.
- It may also be necessary for them to punch holes in the hat and tie the hat on to their heads.
Also consider activities B2 and B3 from the construction card set. Also consider drama-related activities to do with hats. For example, gather a variety of hats (including the hats the kids have made) and use those as springboards for skits. Based on the hat a child chooses, what “character” can the child create?
Check out the full September calendar to see the month at a glance as well as floating holidays, specialty weeks, and themes for the month.