image from patrickstack.com
In honor of National Chicken Month, kids can make their own nuggets.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 ½ pounds
- Soy sauce, ¼ cup
- Brown sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Orange juice, 2 tablespoons
- Sesame oil or vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon
- Crushed garlic cloves, 1 to 2
- Deep bowl with lid
- Microwave-safe plate
- Sauces for dipping
- Pita bread
- Chop chicken into 1-inch chunks.
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, orange juice, oil, and garlic in a deep bowl.
- Toss chicken cubes in the bowl.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spear cubes with toothpicks and arrange chicken on plate.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Dip in favorite sauces or wrap in pita bread for sandwiches.
Check out the full September calendar to see the month at a glance as well as floating holidays, specialty weeks, and themes for the month.